Why the Cabin of Love?
After the floods of 2013, we knew where to build a flood-free cabin on our peaceful, perfect riverfront property. We watched love grow between son and partner as they lived in the cabin whilst saving for their home. Now happily settled in their own home, romance blossoms, engagement announced…
It became a labor of love next – re-lining, re-painting, re-decorating. Tony and I love renovating.
Now it is ready for the next loving person/s to experience what this cabin offers- whether you are on your own and working on some self-love, or as a loving couple. You can book here.
Don’t bother with clothes here – nobody will see you. This is a private patch of property in sub-tropical Queensland where clothes are unnecessary. The cabin sits neatly beside a gully and riparian zone, perfectly situated to enjoy the spectacular bird life, soak in the river views, marvel at night-time action and star-gazing.
On the other side of the gully is a small campground of 4 sites for self-contained caravanners. There is usually a campfire going and others to chat with if you did want to socialize. The choice is always yours.
The cabin of love creates an ambiance of relaxation and re-purposefulness for love and passion. Immerse yourself with nature and nurture- be regenerated and replenished. Be rewarded.
We want to be comfortable while you are here. Here are some of your creature comforts:
- Queen Sized Bed with Memory Mattress (we call it ‘the cloud’). Linen supplied.
- Fully functional kitchen – microwave, fridge, gas hot plates and an outside barbeque.
- Air-conditioning above the bed. (for those hot balmy nights when you can’t sleep)
- En-suite – instant gas hot water for shower & sink, septic toilet (eco-friendly). Towels supplied.
- North-East facing large deck for cooling summer breezes and sunny warm winter days furnished with day bed, table & chairs. Magnificent river views.
- Mobile reception (telstra only)
- The Internet is available to you- just request the password.
- A Smart box allows you to sign into our Netflix as a guest. If you would like this, ask us to set it up for you.
- Pets are negotiable but they would not be allowed in the cabin.
- A shady carport for your vehicle.
- A fire-pit stocked with wood for a romantic night by the campfire as you marvel at our Milky Way.
How to book the cabin.
Rates: $100 per night per couple. Includes cleaning fees & linen.