Why the Cabin of Love?
After the floods of 2013, we knew where to build a flood-free cabin on our peaceful, perfect riverfront property. We watched love grow between son and partner as they lived in the cabin whilst saving for their home. Now happily settled in their own home, romance blossoms, engagement announced…
It became a labor of love next – re-lining, re-painting, re-decorating. Tony and I love renovating.
Now it is ready for the next loving person/s to experience what this cabin offers- whether you are on your own and working on some self-love, or as a loving couple. You can book here.
Don’t bother with clothes here – nobody will see you. This is a private patch of property in sub-tropical Queensland where clothes are unnecessary. The cabin sits neatly beside a gully and riparian zone, perfectly situated to enjoy the spectacular bird life, soak in the river views, marvel at night-time action and star-gazing.
On the other side of the gully is a small campground of 4 sites for self-contained caravanners. There is usually a campfire going and others to chat with if you did want to socialize. The choice is always yours.
The cabin of love creates an ambiance of relaxation and re-purposefulness for love and passion. Immerse yourself with nature and nurture- be regenerated and replenished. Be rewarded.
We want to be comfortable while you are here. Here are some of your creature comforts:
- Queen Sized Bed with Memory Mattress (‘the cloud’). Linen supplied.
- Fully functional kitchen – microwave, fridge & gas hot plates.
- Air-conditioning above the bed.
- En-suite – instant gas hot water. Towels supplied. Plenty of water – enjoy a long, hot shower.
- North-East facing large deck for cooling summer breezes and sunny warm winter days furnished with day bed, table & chairs. Magnificent river views.
- Mobile reception (telstra only)
- The Internet is available to you- check out the information folder.
- A Smart box allows you to sign into our Netflix as a guest.
- Pets are negotiable but they would not be allowed in the cabin.
- A shady carport for your vehicle.
- Plenty of parking for big rigs.
- A fire-pit stocked with wood (just ask) for a romantic night by the campfire as you marvel at our Milky Way.
How to book the cabin.
Rates: $90 per night per couple. Includes cleaning fees & linen.